Registration Fee $30.00 per individual & family for fall/winter/spring season. Click here to view the class schedule. Registration Fee is non refundable.
In order to keep the classes and studio safe, organized and disciplined, please follow these rules.
General and Safety Rules
1. Children must not exit the building until the designated individual picks them up.
2. No food or drinks in the building (water permitted). No gum or candy in class.
3. No street shoes are allowed in the studios.
4. No swinging or hanging from ballet barres in the studio.
5. No outside visitors other than family and designated individuals for student pick-up/drop off are allowed on the premises of Emporia Dance.
6. No horseplay is allowed on the premises of Emporia Dance.
7. Jewelry (other than stud earrings and one or two finger rings) must be removed.
8. Parents will be notified of consistent, disruptive behavior of their child. If a parent is notified for the third time, the child will no longer be allowed to attend class.
9. No cell phone pictures are to be made in the studio at any time.
10. Cell phone use is prohibited during class time.
1. Pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes, black jazz shoes, and white tennis shoes should be bought as needed. Tights or socks MUST be worn with shoes.
2. Hair must be out of face and off of the shoulders (secured in a bun, braid, or ponytail) during class.
Terrific Twos – Pink leotard, pink or nude tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional).
Art of Movement – Pink leotard, pink or nude tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional).
Pre-Ballet – Pink leotard, pink or nude tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional).
All other dance classes – Black leotard, pink or nude tights, and sheer, single layer ballet skirt (optional).Black jazz pants or shorts for Tap and Jazz only (not for Ballet). No pants with ties or buttons. No pajama bottoms or boxer shorts.
Cheerleading and Baton – Leotard (pink or black) with shorts or an appropriate t-shirt and shorts.
Punctuality and Transportation
1. Arrive for class on time. This is to avoid loss of class time and to insure that students have a proper warm-up. See that students are picked up promptly after class.
2. Unique changes in drop off or pick up arrangements must be communicated to instructors in writing.
Payment and Fees
1. Classes for each month must be paid for by the 5th of the month or a $10.00 late charge will be added.
2. Any returned checks will cost $30.00.
3. Costume Deposits are non refundable.
4. Please NOTIFY Emporia Dance in writing prior to withdrawing from class. Class withdrawal in writing is due prior to the 5th of the month, or that monthly fee is still due.
5. Emporia Dance registration fee is non refundable.
6. All outstanding balances are due before recital or participation is not allowed.
Housekeeping and Personal Possessions
1. All trash should be disposed of in trash cans provided.
2. Mirrors in the studio should not be touched.
3. Book bags and other belongings must be placed against or hanging from a designated wall.
Restroom and Water Breaks
Between classes students will be allowed to use the restroom and drink water. Bottled water should be brought to class to be consumed at this time (not during class, unless designated by instructor).
Students must attend at least half of the classes offered for each class they are sign up for during the dance season and attend the dress rehearsal to participate in the dance recital.
Note: You've chosen the Family Plan. Please complete the form you're working on now and pay, then use this form to register any additional students. You will not be charged an additional registration fee for them!
Please send your check to:
1100 Weiss St.
Emporia, VA 23847
...or pay during your next visit to the studio!
2019-2020 In Studio Registration:
August 7, 2019
2019-2020 Classes begin after Labor Day!
New Classes offered by month:
Sept. Flexibility & Acrobatics
Oct. Toddler & Me
Nov. Technique – Turns & Leaps
Jan. Toddler & Me
Mar. Toddler & Me